Subject: Re: [Leica] 40mm and 3.5cm Viewfinder?
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 18:29:42 +0100

Peter Jon White wrote:

> At 09:06 AM 5/21/00 +0100, you wrote:
> ( the acceptance angle of the lens get wider at closer
> >focusing distances because the lens is closer to the film)
> >John Shick
>
> I hate to pick nits but at closer focusing distances, the lens is further
> from the film.
>
> Peter Jon White
Your right, I spoke in haste. But the idea is that at the closest focusing
distance the field is smaller relitive to the film plane than at infinity, so
the frame line can only be accurate at one distance, unless it is a zoom finder.
John Shick

Message from Peter Jon White <PeterJonWhite@PeterWhiteCycles.com> (Re: [Leica] 40mm and 3.5cm Viewfinder?)