Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Pradovit RT projectors
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 19:42:54 -0700

Jim Brick wrote:

> I've been using a Leitz Carousel tray projector, the RT-300, since they
> were available. This could be twenty years. It's so long ago I cannot
> remember. It does not have the fancy built-in IR or pointer features but it
> does have Leitz lens. This projector (made by Singer) has operated
> flawlessly for all of this time.
>
> I've been wondering about the new Leica (Kodak) Carousel projectors because
> if my RT-300 ever quits, I want to stay round (Carousel round). These new
> projectors sound great. Thanks for the update.<<<<<<<<<

Hi Jim,

Save your dollars for this new Leica beauty as it's the finest projector
I've ever seen or projected with. I used a pair of them at last year's
Leica Seminar and they worked flawlessly with a brilliance of image like
I've never experienced before. They really project a Leica image the way
it should be shown.  Brilliant!

If a Leica camera makes us look good as photographers' the projector
make our "great leica images" look absolutely brilliant! :-)

I realize the mage on the screen has something to do with the Leica
taking lens and projecting lens, but it's more than that, as it has
something to do with the light distribution in the projector. And for a
dissolve presentation they are a wonder with the built in dissolve and
IR control system.

Like you, I have one of the old Singer made Leica projectors and a Kodak
carosel for use with a dissolve unit when we prepare slide lectures and
the images from these old beaters are nothing compared to the RT-m
machines. One of the features I like is when a bulb blew it
automatically switched to a new bulb before the next slide came up. And
when you're giving a presentation that's great as there isn't any interruption.

ted