Subject: [Leica] Scanning images from Tri-X negatives
From: "Simon Lamb" <s_lamb@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 12:26:26 +0100

I am trying to scan images from Tri-X negatives using a Coolscan III LS30
and they all come out very overexposed.  I have turned off the colour
management and am using the grayscale scanning option.  When I scan Scala
slides they are great, it is just the Tri-X negatives.

I can adjust the scanner to apply a -EV to the scan process but the scans
then look very grainy and I do not particlularly like changing the images
too much.  The printed Tri-X images are fine.

The tenuous link to Leica is that I have taken the images with my M6!

Any ideas on how to do good scans would be welcome.

Thanks.

Simon