Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V17 #109
From: Guy Washburn/Laura Reiner <rgw@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 08:05:51 -0400

Interesting. I have an old beat on XOONS for my Summarit and I think the
brassing crinkle finished funkiness of the hood and the classic looks of
the lens in combination with a chrome M3 or .85M6 has become nearly
transparent in the hand as people become more conditioned to associate
smooth clean black items as cameras to be taken seriously.

Guy Washburn

>Henrik Williams wrote:
>>
>> Could anyone suggest an alternative to bying an original hood for a
(screw)
>> Summarit?
>>

>It's probably not much help since they're rarer than the original but I

>use a 3rd party lens hood for the Summarit made by Walz (from the late
>50s I presume)...It's >much more discreet than the original which,
>lets face it, should have a guy with a red flag walking in front of it!

But not so effective I presume.

>Stephen Holloway

stephen,

my summarit hood did in fact come with the man waving a red flag. each
time
i mount the hood on the lens, the man gets out his red flag and walks in

front of me in the street, waving the red flag and shouting: "STAND
BACK!
LEICA USER APPROACHING!! BACK, I SAY!!!" the passers-by all respectfully

step aside, at which point i take the discreet, spontaneous pictures the

leica is famous for.