Subject: [Leica] Mail order
From: Robert Jagitsch <robertj@powerlogix.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 09:28:33 -0500

>an M6 + 35/2 asph (I know this is the lens I want) cost
>at least USD $4000 around these parts, and I don't want to mail
>order them, because I don't want any
>UPS employers to treat it as garbage, banging it brutely.
>
>Fernando Martins

Personally, I would not disregard mail order out of hand. After all,
the camera had to ship from the factory/distributor to the dealer in
some manner, possibly even UPS. As long as it is packed well, Leicas
can be safely shipped around the world.

There are several Leica mail order resellers on the LUG that ship
stuff all the time. I have bought all of my Leicas mail order (from
as far away as Switzerland and Italy) and haven't had one damaged in
freight yet. (There is also the fact the freight and insurance is
much cheaper than the 8.25% sales tax here in Austin, too.) Lastly,
you can get a better purchase price by mail order, not to mention
usually a greater selection.

- -Robert

- -------
PowerLogix R&D, Inc.
Main Office: 3921 Steck Avenue, Suite A105 Austin, TX 78759
(512) 795-2978 x107 (512) 795-2981 FAX