Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Tiltall query
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 10:21:00 -0700

Dan Cardish wrote:
> I didn't think that Leica ever actually built the Tiltal; they just
> distributed it.

Hi Dan,

     I don't know about that, but when Leitz took the Tiltall over, they
cheapened the design with some parts painted black, though the main sections
were anodized black.  Tiltall was a professional size when Marchioni made
it.  Then Leitz came out with a junior size and a monopod.

     The story I heard was that Marchioni could not keep up with the orders
for his tripod.  Apparently, Leitz could, because their sells went down,
before it got dropped.  BTW, Leitz also doubled the price from what the
Marchioni model cost.  IMO, a real marketing disaster.

				Cheers,

							Rich Lahrson
							tripspud@wenet.net

Message from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Tiltall query)