Subject: Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Contax G2: Cost
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 11:39:51 -0700

John Collier wrote:

> You will be delighted to learn that the word "cost" does not have to be
> confined to a strictly monetary definition. The space allotted and the
> patience of the average leica-user forbears a detailed discussion. Perhaps
> we could take this off list and amaze one another with a new nuance of
> meaning and usage of this oh so useful word every day. We probably could
> occupy ourselves thus for several weeks.
>
> Cheers
>
> John Collier ;-)
>
> > From: "Takeshi Hashimoto" <hashimoto.takeshi@mailcity.com>
> >
> > What does this have to do with "cost".

"cost-benefit analysis - a comparison between the cost of a specific business
activity and the value of it. A cost-benefit analysis is not limited to monetary
calculations, but attempts to include intangible effects on the quality of life.
For example, say there is a proposal to build a new factory in a town. The
factory may bring economic benefits, but what if also gives off toxic emissions?
In a cost-benefit analysis, the increase in jobs and other economic activity
that the factory would bring has to measured against the possible damage on the
health of the community."
The political dictionary

2.The expenditure of something, such as time or labor, necessary for the
attainment of a goal.
Dictionary Com

Mark Rabiner