Subject: Re: [Leica] Paris & Tripod
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 15:16:58 -0500

Ted Grant wrote, in part:

> Hi Kip,
>
> Sorry for cutting in, but I think what the intention of the law means,
> is to stop "professional photographers" from setting up tripods for
> personal gain or becoming a pain in the ass with an army of tripods
> always in the way of the tourists who come to see the high profile Paris locations.

This is what I had thought was the rule.  The "no tripods in Paris" situation has been
mentioned here more than once in the past, but Laurent's statement suggested a much
broader restriction.  Since Laurent was from France, I thought he might be sharing some
more recent development than others might have been aware of.  Then too, on the
possibility that English wasn't his primary language, I was just checking to see if his
use of  words was intended to be precise or more generic.  (Reading words as having a
precise meaning is a lawyer's habit that's hard to break after too many years in the
business, even though I know most people don't use them that way.)

Cheers,
Kip

Message from Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Paris & Tripod)
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Paris & Tripod)