Subject: [Leica] tiltall tripod thread
From: "Gary Klein" <leicaman_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 18:21:19 -0500

I used to have both. The tripod and the monopod.  Neither was up to the task
of daily professional usage.

Today I use a Bogen 3000 series tripod with the 3047 head and a Gitzo Mono
Studex as my monopod.  My monopod is kinda beat and will be shipped in for
repair soon.  Love the tripod as I have used up to 4X5 on it with good
sucess.  Also use the bogen super clamp with one of less expensive heads for
remote locating of camera.

I ended up giving my Tiltall to my mother in law who gave it to someone
else.  One of the tripod legs used to pull apart and thus was to me
junk...and apparently to her also, despite giving her sherry's address.

The bogens are great as you can get individual parts easily and they can be
fixed with ordinary hand tools.

A most excellent monopod for the dough is the bogen monopod.  We have used
ours at work with the heavy Canon 400 mm f2.8 with great results.
  gck