Subject: [Leica] Help Needed: Rangefinder arm
From: "Paul Huang" <phuang@pmsoft.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 09:46:39 +0800

Dear all,

Need some help here!  I was testing out my M4 which has not been used quite a while and found that the rangefinder arm (not sure if
the term is correct) i.e. the one that has a roller on one end just below the Leitz seal, does not spring back to its original
position when moved.  The consequence of this is that with a lens mounted, the rangefinder patch does not move despite turning the
lens focus ring in the short distance range.  Seems like the spring in the rangefinder arm is dead, is there a spring inside?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Paul
Singapore