Subject: Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Contax G2: Cost
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 11:03:22 -0700

AWSteg wrote:

> Are we having a translation problem here. . .I just explained the problem. .
> .an additional $700 (almost 2X) for the body and it gets worse with the
> glass.  That's the problem! If that's not a problem for you and you have
> some extra money kicking around, possibly you would like to underwrite a few
> college students for the difference?
>
> And don't go comparing a used camera with no warrantee to a new one with a 3
> year warrantee. . .that's just absurd.
>
> Al Stegmeyer

I find that when I garner my resources somehow to buy a Leica lens or body about
once I year I bring it home and set it on the table and look at it.
Then I shoot a roll with it.
Then I set it on the table again and go to bed.
Next morning I look at it and it is still there! And I can shoot more with it
then too!!
IT DOESN'T ASK ME FOR ANY MORE MONEY. "You paid for me already!" it says!
Same with the morning after that! I go the movies, I buy lunch, life goes on...
You only have to pay for it once, then it's your tool to use for life.
Mark Rabiner
The G2 still is OK but not stuff you think of passing on to the Grandchildren.
This IS the case with just about anything Leica.

Your grandchildren (a figure of speech I don't have any) are not going to want
the G2.
They are going to want the G20, or at least the G19. The G20 has holographic
inserts and only the most modern lightweight polycarbonates! And the G21 which
is coming out for the holidays is supposed to be not all that better. Oh Boy!!!
That means the G20 will retain a fraction of its value for another five minutes!

Message from "AWSteg" <upstream1@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Contax G2: Cost)