Subject: Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Contax G2: Cost
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 14:17:34 EDT

In a message dated 5/23/00 11:51:20 AM, hashimoto.takeshi@mailcity.com writes:

>My question is why should a college student expect to be able to afford
>everything he wants? College costs have moved well ahead of inflation,
>and parents are hard-pressed to afford it.

Are we talking about a college student or a college student studying
PHOTOGRAPHY? If it's the latter then we're talking about the tools of the
trade and that is a different matter than just a hobby. When I finished
college I had two Nikons with motors, five Nikon lenses, a Leica M4 and 35mm
lens. Right after graduating I was on the job, shooting photos and had to
supply my own gear. Photo gear was not optional for me. But if you're talking
about an EE major or a business guy, well he can wait . . .

Bob (food or film? food or film?) McEowen