Subject: Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Contax G2: Cost
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 20:06:09 +0100

Takes Hashimoto wrote:

> --
>
> On Tue, 23 May 2000 22:28:02   Bernard wrote:
> >Takeshi Hashimoto wrote about other people's money:
> >
> >> That's chickenfeed.
> >
> >Well, it seems that our buddy Takeshi is trying to be an even bigger jerk than I
> >am on my bad days.
> >
> >Bernard
> >

> One might presuppose that, as a Leica user group list, one would not expect to find numerous paupers. Without   fear of contradiction, therefore, I might suggest that if a few hunderd dollars is that important to you, you're probably not in the right forum to express your views. Leica products are not mass-market commodities. If you'd rather drink Fetzer than Ceretto, that's fine, but don't labor under the illusion that the former is the same as the latter,or at leastdon't try to convince us of such a belief. On the other hand, there is an advantage to the Leica buyer over the wine buyer: you can buy Leica used.

I presume your using the royal prerogative here as you may not speak for me
when you say us. I have been using Leicas for over 45 years and I can tell you
straight out your new Leicas and high end hi fi gear are not nearly as good an
investment as second hand Leicas and etc. If you think buying a new Leica and
think it is a better investment that a good second hand one your kidding yourself.
John Shick