Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V17 #118
From: "asparaco" <asparaco@metafour.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 06:16:49 -0500

> I am looking for a Benser 2-lens carrier for my M6.  I already have the
> Leica lens carrier but find it a little less than useful since I carry 3
> lenses with me.  I also missed an auction on eBay by mere seconds due to
> computer glitch(!).
>
> Any information would be deeply appreciated.

The Benser double mount will not take the 35mm F1.4 ASP or 21mm ASP. A good
machinest or MP repairman can bore out the side without the hold screw. You
can then mount the lenses with protruding rear elements on oneside. in
practice this works. The 75mm or 90mm mounted on one side make a nice hand
grip. A convenient but hefty package. A suggestion made by repair guru from
Leica wads to add another mounting stud to the base of the camera to help
carry the load. I was told Leica can do this

regards
asparaco/chicago