Subject: Re: [Leica] Amazon Auction
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 07:42:53 -0700

I for one am still incredulous that Leica would auction anything on
Amazon, with such a very small Leica audience compared to Ebay.  The day
Leica announced the auction, Ebay had 991 Leica auctions, Amazon had
28.  of the 28.  laughably, six of the 28 Amazon auctions were "Leica"
mouse pads.

I appreciate Leica trying something new, but its too bad they didn't
better understand the internet auction world.  It would have generated
much more free Leica publicity and Leica interest on Ebay.  It's just
another wrong turn by Leica marketing, I hope they learn by their
mistakes.   I can't help but wonder if a "Che" M6 Amazon auction is in
the works.

Stephen Gandy