Subject: [Leica] how asph changed my b+w negatives
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 20:26:41 +0100

After I got my Summicron Asph, my b+w negatives have more shadow detail
than they used to have. Has anybody else had similar experience?

Until recently I have been shooting Delta 100 at e.i. 200 to avoid to long
exposures, and as I did not feel I wanted to open my pre-asph to more than
5,6 unless I was really forced to. And the winter light in northern Germany
is not all that bright, so I pushed a bit when developing.

With the asph Summicron I have no problem shooting at 2.8 (provided the
reduced d.o.f. does not pose a problem), so I have started setting the
meter at e.i. 100. I really like the richer negatives.

Now the problem: I have two non-asph lenses. What do I do? Shoot at 100
when using the non-asph and lose sharpness due to camera shake, or shoot at
200 with my asph and lose shadow detail. Or buy two new lenses. How do I
finance this? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Chris

- --
Christer Almqvist
D-20255 Hamburg, Germany and/or