Subject: [Leica] Weston Exhibit, Boston Museum of Fine Arts
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 00:17:58 -0700

I have neow been to both the exhibits on Weston, one at LACMA and now the
MFA.  In terms of depth, the collection presented in Boston is more
comprehensive.  The one in LA is more detailed in a period of his life.
Both are fine exhibits that tend to blow you away at the results.

While at the MFA, there is a reproduction of Weston's lab.  Contained
therein is a slip of paper with his formula for Pyro Developer....in his own
handwriting........

Weston Pyro
Water 60    ( I assume oz)
Carb 2
Sul 2
Pyro 6
Inspect @ 15 minutes
Speed = Weston 24  Isopan

So some questions.....
Chemical dry Measure is presumably grams?????
What is the chemical or common name for Sul, Carb:
Weston 24... I used to know the equivalents.. anyone actually remember?  ISO
What?
Isopan is presumably a film.... anyone know the characteristics?
How close is this to a modern Pyro formula?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net