Subject: Re: [Leica] Ink-jet papers
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 07:37:12 -0400

When I first bought my Epson Stylus Photo printer, I tried all of the
(then) available papers for it, including those from Kodak, Polaroid, HP,
and Ilford.  None gave acceptable results.   The Premium Gloosy paper on my
new 1270 printer is excellent, and I honestly see no reason for further
(money wasting) experimentation with 3rd party papers.  My local dealer
does have a supply of Luminos ink jet paper, but my understanding is that
this paper is intended for use with their proprietary ink.  I'd like to see
some sample's before throwing any more money away.

By the way, stay away from Epson's Glossy Film.  It is probably the least
archival of Epson's offerings (as well as the most expensive).  I know this
from personal experience, and it's confirmed by published studies from
Wilhelm Inst. (http://wilhelm-research.com/index.htm).

Dan C.