Subject: Re: [Leica] noctilux meter sensitivity
From: MicroGrid@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 22:03:59 EDT

I haven't used my Noctilux with my M6 yet, it's too new. I have a 70's
vintage Noctilux that I've used only on my M5 and that meter is accurate
enough to shoot in light like Tina's great image.
Despite not having the LED's there is not really any problem picking out the
meter needles because the M5 has a port at the front edge of the body that
illuminates the meter needle with light from above or in front.
Last weekend we were camping with friends, and I have some incredible
pictures shot around the campfire on E200 pushed 2 stops. The needle was as
bright as daylight. With the Leica, and the darkness, no one could believe I
was taking pictures.  I know when I was peddling these things, Leica said
that the M5 sensitivity was better than any other built in meter. So being a
good boy that's what I said.
Incredible meter and an incredible lens, I haven't scratched the surface of
either 's capabilities.

Bruce Bowman
Killingworth CT

In a message dated 5/25/00 8:31:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,