Subject: Re: [Leica] noctilux vs. the cheap alternative
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 20:53:13 -0700

Bmceowen@aol.com wrote:
> That's called "street photography" . . . (sorry, I couldn't resist) . . .
> .Seriously, I seem to recall someone in school accumulating a bunch of photos
> of his shoes that he shot while loading his cameras . . .
>
> Bob (has seen MANY a great photo while reloading) McEowen<<<<<<<<<<

Hey Bob,
Some of the best "loading - reloading" are the ones when you're standing
at the back of your car and the first few frames are shot into the
trunk! :-)

A photo  (loosest of term) exhibition a few years ago in Ottawa funded
by our erstwhile brilliant Canadian government "artsy fartsy types"  was
a series of images shot into the trunk as the photographers were popping
the first frames of a roll while loading.

Now I'm not talking a little happy snap exhibition here,  this was at a
cost of more money than you can imagine, but then it was our government
people.....  using our tax money....  so the artsy fartsy types don't
care as long as they have the money to play with doing dumb things like this.

And not a Leica image amongst them!  :-)  Oh yeah and one might say it
wasn't one of the all time great exhibits from a working photographers
point of view.

ted