Subject: Re: [Leica] lens serial number
From: Bill Satterfield <cwsat@cyberhighway.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 08:48:51 -0500

Sounds like you may have one of the last production runs made in Germany after
production was shifted from Canada. I do not have a serial no. reference so I
can verify. If so, these lens do not seem to have a problem with etchings
developing on the rear elements. Prices are higher for this run of the
production. I am sure there are expert LUG members who will know. I am not an
expert. The last run did have a red 90 on the lens barrel, earlier runs did
not.