Subject: Re: [Leica] Good Marketing
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 26 May 2000 08:54:47 -0700

On Fri, 26 May 2000, "Frank Filippone" wrote:

<SNIP>

> What happens to the R8 if I use non-Rom lenses?  WHat features remain
> useable?  What features do I lose?  I am most concerned with metering, auto
> diaphragm operation and general "fit".
>
> Basically I am considering using 3 or 2 cam lenses with a R8.
>

> Frank Filippone
> red735i@earthlink.net

In my limited experience with 3-cam and dumb nul-cam lenses the R8 didn't lose anything.  Obviously the R8 can't do program or shutter-priority stuff with a non-auto lens like the f/6.8 Telyts but with my 3-cam 250 the camera's  metering and auto-aperture functions were happy.  Metering may not be accurate with 2-cam lenses.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!