Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux vs 50mm f/2
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 10:33:10 -0400

The Noctilux is excellent optically at medium apertures, even though Erwin's
reports give an edge to the Summicron there, but for me, the real problem is
in using a polarizer with the Noctilux.  Even the Leitz E 60 circular
polarizer vignettes alightly (I did tests on filter vignetting with the
Noct, which sometime I will write out and post to the group - standard 60mm
B+W filters work, or step up to larger size--there is vignetting with the
Leitca polarizer in E 60 or with any step down to 55mm)

Tom Schofield