Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA M6
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 13:08:02 -0600

To remove the chrome you have to have the parts dipped and the M6 and M6TTL
have zinc composite top plates that will melt. The only cameras you can
strip and paint are the ones with brass top plates. The only regular
production M6 with a brass top plate was the just discontinued titanium
model. Some of the special edition models may have brass top plates but it
is hardly a cost effective way to go.

John Collier