Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Agfa 400 BW film
From: Mike Leitheiser <flyh2o@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 20:06:36 -0700

Ernie,
I have used it in XTOl 1:2 at EI 400 and 800 and liked it much better than
in Rodinal.  I really wanted to like it in Rodinal...I mean Leica, Agfa,
Rodinal...it should all come toether right?, but it didn,t work for me.  I
was surprised at how well it worked at 800 in club interiors in
Xtol...smooth gradation, good shadow detail and hilites weren't blown.

E Nitka wrote:

> A question for those on the list that use AGFA 400 BW film?  my first
> roll souped in rodinal 1:25 seemed very contrasty ( 7 min at 68F as in
> spec sheet) - grain I am not concerned about.  Is there a better soup
> for this film -
>

> Ernie

- --
Mike Leitheiser
Lake Oswego, Oregon

"When the trout are lost, smash the state."
   Tom McGuane

Message from E Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com> ([Leica] OT: Agfa 400 BW film)