Subject: Re: [Leica] screw mount to M mount & Voigtlander
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 22:29:16 -0600 (MDT)

Adapters are available from a variety of sources, Leica was planning to
make a new run of them for delivery this year, but I have heard no more
about that project lately.
The adapters call up the same set of framelines, in pairs, as appear in
the VF when you move the selector lever. So you need three adapters if you
need all the frame lines. They can be bought used for about $60-75 per
adapter.
Steve Gandy has a non-Leica adapter available at cameraquest.com, he sells
the complete set of three for $100. I was very pleased with the ones I
bought, and quality of machining and finished compared very well to the
Leica units I have seen.
As for the question about the aperture setting being communicated, yes it
does, as the opening gets bigger or smaller as you move it, and the amount
of light falling on the metering spot will be similarily affected. There
is no linkage from aperture to meter as in a wide open metering SLR
camera

Noel Charchuk
OH yeah, the usual disclaimers about cameraquest.com, no commercial
involvement, etc, just a satisfied customer, and glad Gandy puts so much
camera information out there for all of us to use.

http://telusplanet.net/public/nhcharch