Subject: Re: [Leica] Frameline addition
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 00:18:53 -0600

For an explanation of framelines and how they are selected go here:

http://teachnet.edb.utexas.edu/~leica/

I do not think it would be economically feasible to have a custom frame line
mask made up. It is possible, just VERY expensive, cheaper by far to just
get a gold plated 35/1.4 asph. What frame line set does the 40 bring up now?
I would have though that it would be the 35 already but I have never tried
it. The 35/135 frame line set is the easiest to correct for as it has the
shortest bayonet "ear". Making the "ear" longer can be a little tricky as
you have to remove the lens bayonet and have material added by silver
soldering.

John Collier