Subject: Re: [Leica] Dust in viewfinder
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 15:31:35 EDT

In a message dated 5/27/00 11:39:22 AM, qecl@hotmail.com writes:

<< I recently notice a speck of dust on the focusing patch when I look through

the viewfinder of my M4.  The size of the dust is about half the length of

the focusing patch and is affecting my focusing.  I can see the piece of

dust clearly from the smaller rangefinder window and I am sure it is on the

small mirror within the rangefinder system.  Could anyone on the list tell

me how to remove dust from the rangefinder system without taking apart the

camera? >>

You might try carrying your camera on a roller coaster. Maybe the dust speck
will move to a more agreeable spot . . . . On the other hand, you could wait
for someone in this group to give  you some USEFUL advice . . .

Bob (just ignore me) McEowen