Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanning B&W
From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 14:51:15 +0100

on 28/5/00 1:47 pm, Nathan Wajsman at wajsman@webshuttle.ch wrote:

> is it better to make corrections like levels and curves in the scanning
> software, or is it better to just scan without applying any corrections
> at the scanning stage and just make any needed corrections in Photoshop
> later?

Personally, I now do everything I can in Photoshop. Scan at the maximum bit
depth and resolution you can, get EVERYTHING out of the image, then go to
PS, set b and w points using levels, then sort out the tonality with curves.

If you would like a more precise version of my workflow I'd be happy to
oblige. It's taken me a while to get right but I think it works well now.

- --
Johnny Deadman

photos:      http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
music:       http://www.jukebox.demon.co.uk