Subject: Re: [Leica] Millennium Finish, (was LHSA Black Paint Report)
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 15:15:08 -0600

This illustrates why Leica is reluctant to bring back black paint finishes
for regular production. The black chrome finish is much more rugged, yes, I
agree that the black paint finish looks much better than black chrome when
worn. People who buy Leicas for purposes other than photography obsess over
ever finish flaw and black paint is easy to mar accidentally leaving the
dealer/distributor/Leica stuck with all too many returns due to finish
problems. Wait a minute, maybe they would sell collector rejects at a
discount? Please disregard all the above. We need black paint finish
production cameras!

John Collier