Subject: Re: [Leica] Production of Mercury Batteries
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 11:54:00 +0200

Bud,

They are no longer manufactured within the EU (i.e. including Germany) since
1 January. They are however, still available as the existing stock moves
through the pipeline. I am not sure about the situation here in Switzerland
(which is not in the EU); the batteries are widely available, but I have no
idea if this is new production from somewhere outside the EU, or whether this
is just remaining dealer/distributor stock.

Nathan

Bud Cook wrote:

> A couple of years ago I was able to get German made 1.35V. Varta PX-625
> batteries in Canada.  Now it appears that Varta might have stopped making
> them.  Are there any European LUGers who know it this is true or not?
>
> TIA,
> Bud

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland
e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator
Belgium photo page: http://members.xoom.com/wajsman

Replies: Reply from "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Production of Mercury Batteries)