Subject: [Leica] Re: Website update
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 18:09:54 -0500

Bud

>>I remember seeing that the meter cell was improved somewhere along the
line
but I can't find the reference to that Info.  There's a way to tell if you
have the newer cell.<<

You know by the fact that it still works :-)!

Some cameras just seem to take better pictures. For me, the SL fits that
mold. I can't explain why. Perhaps it's the bright viewfinder. Or the solid
feel. Or the unique sound.

I shoot only b/w film in my SL, with 90/2 and 35/2 Summicrons (and
occasionally a 50/2). Though all the lenses are late versions, everything
feels delightfully retro. I don't use the SL as often as I should (I have
an R7 and 2 M6s). Maybe that's why I seem to have better than average
results. I only use the SL when I'm in a  nostalgic mood. But isn't that
what photography is about?

Dave

Replies: Reply from "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Website update)