Subject: [Leica] Anyone using the Leica Handgrip M?
From: Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow <laintal@tin.it>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:32:51 +0200

Muhammad,
I'm sure by the time this gets to the list you'll already have had a
hundred comments on the handgrip, but my advice is: buy it. The M's are
small and not so easy to hold without it (things can be _too_ sleek, as
Schoenberg noted about his watch) and especially if you're going to be
doing any off the camera flash the handgrip helps enornously. It doesn't
look so pretty, but that's too bad. I use it always on the body which
doesn't have a rapidwinder (soon to be remedied), and since I only have
wide-angles I think it could be even better for a telephoto. The only thing
the rapidwinder itself lacks, in fact, as others have noted, is a grip.
Also soon to be remedied according to Tom A.
Actually, to continue the Rapidwinder side of things, I've found it very
convenient for flash with a cord. You can just wind on with the hand
holding the flash without having to change your grip on the body. Much
nicer than without (syntax?).
Rob.
Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow
Via Bellentani 36