Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 10:14:46 +0200

Hi Ted,

Perhaps that is the situation in North America, but in Belgium and Switzerland
Kodachrome seems to be sufficiently popular that most shops stock it, even
non-pro shops, airport shops etc. The only one that is a bit difficult to find
is K25, but even that can easily be obtained from Kodak within a few days.

Perhaps part of the reason is economic: the cost of a roll of Kodachrome with
processing and mounting included is little more than the cost of a roll of E6
film without processing, so Kodachrome is far cheaper in use.

Nathan

Ted Grant wrote:

> Don't get hung-up on KR as you might like to check what the status of
> the film is from KODAK and the processing and are they still producing
> it.  As I understand they have stopped making K200 and one of the other
> asa rated films.
> ted

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome)