Subject: [Leica] summicron 50 dr + m6?
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 18:40:40 +1000

Brougham,

Don't give up on the DR too quickly. Mine works fine on the M6, and
although there are some "quirks" to the lens, it is one of the finest ever
produced for a 35mm camera, and often gets high comments from this group.
Once I bolt the DR on my camera, its there to stay, as it is used for
situations where the closer focus might come in handy, and I only want to
carry one camera. For street shooting, I perfer the "tabed" lens, which
allows me to pre-focus without looking at the lens, and if I'm carrying a
"system", then the 50 is usually the Nocti, but for a lovely one on one
relationship, the DR with goggles in the pocket (sometimes in a never ready
case) is great for family get togethers, picnics, BBQ's sports gatherings,
day trips etc.

Love mine (I found one with a crack in the one goggle -- made it cheaper,
and makes it easier to toss the goggles in the shirt pocket etc)

Cheers

Alastair Firkin