Subject: Re: [Leica] kodachrome processing
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 10:58:14 -0700

Gary Klein wrote:

> I think processing is one of the woes of Kodachrome.  Earlier this year I
> shot a roll of K25 with my M.   I go to the local camera store where I had
> it sent for Kodak Processing and when I looked at the frames I got back, it
> was somebody else's roll.  I was really peeved.  Very peeved as I did a
> comparison trest of Extachrome and Kodachrome.  The kodachrome portion did
> not come back.  This is only the second roll of kodachrome I had lost in 20
> years.
>
> So I am going to buy yet another roll and do the testing all over again.
> Have you guys had better luck with the mailers.  Or would you suggest I put
> a return address sticker on the cassette when I take it even to the dealer.<<<<<<<<

Hi Gary,

Save your money unless you really "need Kodachrome" to save your life!
It just isn't worth the hassles to face each time you send it off to
some unknown lab.  Quite frankly why should you have to be blowing money
buying and paying for processing, not to mention valuable time and then
not get the film back.

And what is worse?  Some guy is sitting out there with a bunch of
beautiful images and saying, "Damn those KODAK guys are incredible with
their processing, they even improved what I shot! :-)

I had several rolls disappear when I was using it on a regular basis and
when I inquired of Kodak the answer was, "it ain't our problem didn't
you read the dis-claimer?" Another reason not to use it unless the lab
is right in your home town.

And yep there are going to be people who'll say, "I've used kodachrome
for 50 years and never had a problem!"  Good on you my friend, I wish
you never a problem for another 50 years.

ted