Subject: Re: [Leica] Something useful
From: "leicar8" <leicar8@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 11:50:18 -0700

Here are my three choices for "essential books":

#1: Jim Lager's three books on Leica bodies, lenses, and accesories.
Brilliant histories and photos taken with R Bellows & 100 mm lens as well as
60 mm f2.8 macro Elmarit lens. It's truly astonishing how many devices Leica
has produced, and these books display them brilliantly!!!

#2: My First Ten Years With the Leica by Dr. Paul Wolfe. Absolutely stunning
compositions and exposures of long-gone subject material due to the passage
of multiple decades. Truly a master!!

#3: The Eye of Eisenstaedt-The Way A Great Photographer Sees (published in
1969 and  out of print). My great inspiration as a teenager with my father's
M3 and M2. Superb pictorial autobiography, starting before someone handed
him a Leica in 1930 and ending in the 60s. Full of Leica photos and
descriptions of people and history he encountered. Another true master!

Terry