Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 12:32:57 -0700

Chuck Albertson wrote:

> K64 was manufactured in 120 format for a few years in the late 1980s, early
> 1990s, but was then discontinued. Presume it was due to lack of demand,
> which in turn was probably attributable to processing hassles at the time
> (slow turn-around times, quality control problems with the Kodak's
> let's-outsource-our-processing experiment).
>
> Chuck Albertson
> Seattle, Wash.

The idea that Kodachrome II or 25 or even 64 could be an equitable replacement
for medium format was popular in the 70's and 80's. (The optics involved I
believe/d could have something to do with it)
Indeed it was said that Kodachrome was the only reason why a commercial pro
would want such a "toy" as an 35mm camera.
But 4x5 and sheet film is another level again.
I just saw an impressive book which just came out by Paul Outerbridge consisting
of many large format Kodachrome.
I always defined "heaven" as a place stocked with all the Kodachrome sheet film
I could shoot.
With one hour turn around processing!
Mark Rabiner

Message from Peter Jon White <PeterJonWhite@PeterWhiteCycles.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome)