Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodachrome
From: jcoleman@interport.net
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 14:54:21 -0400

Peterson Arthur G NSSC wrote:

> I've heard this complaint repeatedly on the LUG about Kodachrome processing,
> and I've hestitated to respond because my experience does not benefit anyone
> else (or at least not anyone who doesn't live in my immediate area).  But
> for whatever little it may be worth, I can say that Kodachrome processing is
> not always (or everywhere) so slow.  I've been shooting Kodachrome
> occasionally for years in Northern Virginia, and I always get my slides back
> the very next day after I bring them in for processing.  :-)

Arthur:

I live in New York City and have the same experience.  At most pro labs if you
bring in your Kodachrome in the morning, you can pick it up the next day,
sometimes morning.  The labs do not do their own processing but send it by
courier to Kodak (actually, I think Kodak sends the courier).  I am not a
professional and do not need my film in 2 hours, but I think 24 hours is
reasonably quick.

Jay Coleman