Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaflex SL
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 1 Jun 2000 16:54:27 -0700

On Thu, 01 June 2000, AppleMac97@aol.com wrote:

> I borrowed a Leicaflex SL camera with a 60mm/f2.8 Macro Elmarit lens on it
> from a friend over the weekend.  What an impressive camera!  The camera and
> lens are over 30 years old, but everything still works smoothly.  The camera
> is built like a tank!  It looks like it will last at least a hundred years
> even if used daily!  The lens is also a solid piece of precision optical
> equipment.  I am seriously tempted to get a similar used outfit for macro
> photography, which is something that I would not be able to do with my M6
> TTL/35 Summicron ASPH combo.  So, any LUGers out there who would be willing
> to sell me an SL (or SL2) with a 60 macro lens in excellent condition and at
> a reasonable (ha ha!) price?!
>
> Muhammad Chishty
>

> ************************
> Muhammad R.K. Chishty, Ph.D.
> Associate Professor of Finance
> Graham School of Management
> Saint Xavier University
> 3700 West 103rd Street
> Chicago, IL 60655, USA

Here's a thread I can participate in!  Muhammad, have you gotten any photos back from the SL and 60 Macro?  My guess is you haven't because you're looking for one at a reasonable price.  Once you see what the SL & 60 can do you won't care what the cost is!

Yes it's built like a tank and 100 years is a conservative estimate, and neither mine nor my daughter's is for sale.

SL web page: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/telyt/SL.HTM

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe