Subject: RE: [Leica] Film flatness and sharpness...
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 19:57:07 -0400

> In medium format, film flatness becomes a
> problem. What you gain is mostly smoother tones, not
> sharpness. It's a trade-off.

That is complete crap.  How about you show me a print done with a MF camera
that shows a problem that was caused by film flatness.  Of course this can
POSSIBLY happen on the first neg of a roll that was partially used, and was
sitting for a while, but other than that, it isn't a REAL problem that
anyone normally needs to worry about.

Also, have you ever REALLY compared a MF enlargement to a 35mm enlargement,
of the same film for 'sharpness'?  If you haven't, then how can you say MF
is not equally as sharp, if not even shaper than 35?  I shoot both MF and
35, and love my Leica, but beyond 11x14, it can't compete with my MF
negatives.