Subject: Re: [Leica] Film flatness and sharpness...
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 00:33:17 -0700

Rich Lahrson wrote:
><Snip>
>      However, I feel that my best shots are the ones that need no, or
> minimal cropping, the ones that seem to 'pop' out of the viewfinder
> at the instant of exposure.  It's a definite feeling, like 'that's
> a keeper', maybe only one out of 36.  When I develop the film, there
> it is.  I don't make contact sheets, I know the shots that I want to
> print.  Every photographer seems to develop (!) their own way of
> working, and my approach is not unique.

I'm a huge fan of full frame black border Rich!
But then you've got Avedon habitually cropping his 6x6cm negs to a size smaller
than 36x24mmm and blowing it up to the size of a wall at the MET!
Mark Rabiner
Plus x with a Rolleiflex

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com> ([Leica] Re: Film flatness and sharpness...)
Reply from "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com> (Re: [Leica] Film flatness and sharpness...)