Subject: RE: [Leica] Film flatness and sharpness...
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 08:46:18 -0400

> We sure went through this on the RUG two weeks ago till all our hair had
turned white.

Righto, Mark...and STILL no one showed me a print that showed this to be an
issue...lots of know-it-all claims, but no proof.

It's a funny issue, especially in this group.  On one hand, people claim
Erwin's MTF numbers really don't tell the whole story for a lense...but
they point to numbers (that they really don't understand anyway) to show
film flatness IS supposedly an issue...  Unless you can show it to me, it
doesn't matter what the numbers or opinions are...  It is, what it is, and
it ain't an issue on any of my negatives ;-)