Subject: [Leica] RE: Film flatness and sharpness...
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 08:37:12 -0700

At 08:46 AM 6/2/00 -0400, Austin Franklin wrote:
>> We sure went through this on the RUG two weeks ago till all our hair had
>turned white.
>
>Righto, Mark...and STILL no one showed me a print that showed this to be an
>issue...lots of know-it-all claims, but no proof.

This is not an issue.

Even if it was, it cannot be solved on the LUG.

Solved?

There is nothing to solve. No proof is needed.

MF cameras are the bread and butter of professional photographers
throughout the world. Hasselblad in particular. If there was a film
flatness "issue", it would have to have been reckoned with long before now.

Film is less flat in MF cameras than 35mm cameras. Film is less flat in LF
cameras than either MF or 35. But it is NOT an issue.

Jim