Subject: Re: [Leica] Overseas Leica's
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 00:18:31 +0200

Hi William,

Shopping for Leicas in Germany is indeed a pleasant experience. I have bought
much of my outfit there. I do not know which cities you will be visiting, but in
every major German city you will find a well-stocked Leica dealer (or several)
with good prices. I have personally shopped at the following:

Foto Lambertin in Cologne (right next to the cathedral)
Foto Brell in Bonn (on the main square)
Foto Hobby in Frankfurt (by mail order, but they do have a real shop too, I
think)
Brenner Foto Versand (mail order, I am not sure where in Germany they are)
Leicabeimeister in Hamburg

Not only will you have better prices than in Canada, but in addition you will be
able to recover the VAT (16% in Germany) when you leave.

Nathan

William Gower wrote:

> I'm SURE this has been brought up before (so excuse a newbie), but has
> anyone from N. America purchased Leica equipment from dealers in Germany.
> I'm planning a trip to Europe next spring, and would love the opportunity to
> pick up some used Leica equipment.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch