Subject: Re: [Leica] A law of photography
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 23:36:03 -02-30

At 01:14 AM 03/06/00 +0100, you wrote:
>on 2/6/00 7:39 am, Henning J. Wulff at henningw@archiphoto.com wrote:
>
> > When I shoot 35mm, I'm really happy if I get 5 enlargeables from a roll.
> > One is more like it. When I shoot 4x5, at least every second one is worth a
> > print. One 4x5 takes about as much effort as 36 35mm shots. Comes out even,
> > for the input effort.

...like to see you slinging that 4X5 around on an oil rig, a fishing
trawler or my typical assignments, Henning. :^)  Some situations were meant
for 35mm.

Besides there is only one "BEST" shot from any shoot worth enlarging to any
degree.
Either you get it or you don't.

Greg Locke                         St. John's, Newfoundland
locke@straylight.ca              http://www.straylight.ca/locke
Touched By Fire: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm
ISBN#0-7710-5305-3 McClelland & Stewart