Subject: [Leica] Leicameter MC
From: "Paul Bolam" <Paul@bolam67.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 18:51:38 +0100

I bought a Leicameter MC at a Camera Fair. It was boxed, in very good
condition and complete with opal diffuser. I compared it against my Sekonic
meter and it was spot on. So far so good.

Then, I read Gunter Osterloh's 'Leica M' book and he wrote that the metallic
collectors tend to oxidise and become non-conductive. Therefore, he felt,
that Leicameters M and MC were practically useless today.

Now, I'd be interested to find out whether other users have experienced this
problem? If so, can they be repaired?

I bought the meter to use with an M2 and 50 DR. It makes a pleasant change
to use kit from the same era.
Thanks in advance,
Paul.