Subject: [Leica] 35mm summicron
From: "Gary Klein" <leicaman_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 11:07:06 -0500

I have one of the earlier series of 35mm f2 summicron, mine having been
produced in 1966.

I have found that its performance is very good particularly when stopped
down to f2.8 or more.  Wide open performance is very good, but corners leave
something to be desired in my opinion.

I have other modern optics to compare it to such as a 35mm f1.4 AIS Nikkor
and it only edges out the summicron only by hairs at f2 and there is no
practical difference at f2.8 or more.  I have done practical shooting tests
and its a lovely lens.

gck

Replies: Reply from "Gary D. Whalen" <whalen@circle.net> ([Leica] Re: FS 70-180 f2.8)