Subject: Re: [Leica] M2 with rubber M6 eyepiece as replacement problem
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 16:14:00 -0600

The viewfinder has a -0.5 "diopter" (forgive me if I use incorrect
terminology) but I believe it is built into the design of the viewfinder not
just the eyepiece. The eyepiece correction lenses screw into the eyepiece,
they do not replace it. That is as far as I can go as I have very good
eyesight and not much experience in this sort of thing.

Sorry

John Collier

Oh, the eyepiece correction lenses available are:

correction / new part no. / old part no.

+0.5  14350  98075
+1.0  14351  98076
+1.5  14352  98077
+2.0  14353  98078
+3.0  14354  98079
- -0.5  14355  98070
- -1.0  14356  98071
- -1.5  14357  98072
- -2.0  14358  98073
- -3.0  14359  98074

extra eyepiece correction lenses now not available:

+0.75  98054
+1.25  98099
+1.75  98055
+2.25  98056
- -0.75  98052
- -1.25  98053
- -1.75  98097
- -2.25  98098

I hope this information is of some use to you.

John Collier