Subject: [Leica] Techniques Please?
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 13:22:46 +1000

Hi LUG folks

There's bound to be a lots of handy techniques out there, worth sharing.

I'd welcome your thoughts on the following.  It might help to append the
title with the appropriate subheading.  Thanks.

Smiling?	Your job is to take 'mum friendly' portraits of a few hundred
children in a day.  Most are natural smilers.  Others haven't got a
clue.  How do you get a nice, natural smile from the children in the
latter category?  After the camera clicks on a half decent smile, the
subject hops of the chair and cracks a beauty!  Using M6 and 90 AA.

Sportsground Terrorist Gangs?  Another part of your job (you accepted
the mission!) is to take team shots, often of the under 9, 10 and 11
teams (hence the subtitle).  How do you get their cooperation for the
three to five minutes it takes to line 'em up and take three
crowd-pleasing shots?  You must also control the coach, manager and 20
odd parents (assistants!).  Using R8, 50' cron and remote release.

Difficult Individuals?   There's one child in a hundred (usually a boy
but not always) who's intent on being a problem.  A real standout; the
only troublesome one in a team that's otherwise OK.  How do you deal
with this little bundle of joy, for the portrait and then for the team
shot?  Others are generally within ear-shot, although you could always
get real close and whisper!

I am developing some techniques of my own, but I'd appreciate your
suggestions, even those that I'd only be able to use in 'wishful
thinking' mode.

Regards

Rick (just a little shell-shocked most Saturday evenings) Dykstra

Replies: Reply from Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica] Metering anomaly on M6 TTL with Noctilux)
Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Techniques Please?)
Reply from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> ([Leica] Metering anomaly on M6 TTL with Noctilux)
Reply from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> ([Leica] Metering anomaly on M6 TTL with Noctilux)